Sunday, January 2, 2011

Testing 1, 2, 3...

Is this thing on?

Okay here goes. My first attempt at blogging.

First let me give kudos to my good friend and fellow blogger The Giggling Grasshopper who inspired me to make this endeavor. Her posts are genius. Entertaining, enlightening and sometimes even educational.

If you haven't visited and read her blog, I implore you to do so. You may visit it at www.. gigglinggrasshopper.blogspot.com

You'll thank me for doing so.

I'm also inspired by the late, great Lewis Grizzard. I met Lewis after a lecture he gave at West Georgia College in the early '80s. Afterwards, he invited me to join him for BBQ and cold beer at a local eatery. I, of course, was more than happy to oblige.

He was just as entertaining to talk to face-to-face as he was to listen to or to read. I decided that night that I wanted to be a journalism major. However, my love for music led me to broadcast communications because I wanted to be the guy to entertain you from inside the box.

I did do a few stints as a radio disc jockey as well as some sports announcing, but ended up making a career in law enforcement from which I'm now retired. At one time, I worked as a cop, did a radio show and coached high school football. I got little to no sleep but life was good.

That probably explains my acute insomnia.

Back to Lewis, I own all of his books. Most of them signed. At one book signing I attended after a rare Georgia Tech win in football over Lewis' beloved Georgia Bulldogs, I had him reluctantly sign my copy "To Ken, the world's biggest Tech fan. Go Jackets!"

Now what will I be writing about?

Well first let me explain the title of the blog. Loose Pucks. My way of saying random thoughts. In a nutshell, my posts will be very random.

I'll write about sports. I'll write about music. I'll write about every day life. And so on and so forth, forever and ever amen.

Names will not be changed to protect the innocent. Everyone is fair game and a target. Sometimes, however, I will change names to protect myself and we all know I'm far from innocent.

I'll never come close to matching my mentors, Grizzard and The Grasshopper, but I hope you will enjoy reading and sharing your thoughts through the comments section at the bottom.

And be sure to tell your friends.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing this. I'll look forward to reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am humbled and the green grasshopper is blushing... imagine that. ;) Great job Kenny! The world is a much better place with our rambling thoughts being broadcast throughout the universe. Even being mentioned in the same blog as Lewis Grizzard is too much of a compliment. I can't wait to see what you have to share. Sometimes I think the two of us Cappis may share some of the same brain matter since our humor is so twisted and just utterly delightful! Get it rolling... I'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete